Careers Information for Students
Australian School-Based Apprenticeships
Australian School–Based Apprenticeships (ASBAs) offer students, 15 years of age or over, the opportunity to achieve a nationally recognised vocational qualification by combining paid work and training as part of their educational program.
Trinity Christian School students enrolled in an ASBA attend the workplace for 8 hours each week as well as up to 5 hours per week at an RTO (Registered Training Organisation). This allows them to complete the nationally recognised vocational qualification in their chosen apprenticeship. On successful completion of the ASBA, students will receive their vocational certificate, along with their ACT Year 12 Certificate.
Important dates for 2017/18
- 2017 ACT Statements (including ATAR) released by ACTBSSS: Tuesday 12 December 2017
- 2017 ATARs released on uac.edu.au website and My UAC app: Friday 15 December 2017
- UAC Semester 1, 2018 Applications Close: Midnight Monday 5 February 2018
For further information on tertiary entry, apprenticeships, careers advice and workplace training, contact the Trinity Careers Adviser, Ms Peta Strategos, on 62107075. Students can also see:
- University Admission Centre (UAC): http://www.uac.edu.au/
- Applying for USA Colleges: http://www.accreditedschoolsonline.org/resources/college-admissions-guide/
- Australian Universities: https://www.universitiesaustralia.edu.au