Vocational Education and Training
Trinity Christian School offers senior students a range of opportunities for practical, competency based training that helps prepare them for the workforce. The Vocational Education and Training (VET) qualifications are nationally recognised and can be completed in Year 11 and 12. The qualifications can provide:
- Practical, workplace experience.
- Immediate employment prospects both locally and internationally.
- Prerequisites for entry into Diploma and Degree courses.
- The opportunity to sample particular vocations, before a student commits themselves in the workforce.
VET Certificates currently offered
Trinity Christian School is able to deliver certain VET Certificates, under the auspices of RTO’s including Unity College Australia, Transformational Institute, CIT and The College of Sound and Music Production. The following qualifications are offered in 2018:
- CH30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
- CUS20109 Certificate II in Music
- SIS20210 Certificate II in Outdoor Recreation
- SIT10213 Certificate I in Hospitality
- SIT20213 Certificate II in Hospitality
- SIT20312 Certificate II in Kitchen Operations
- LMT21707 Certificate II in Applied Fashion Design and Technology
- ICA20111 Certificate II in Information Digital Media and Technology
Important information about VET Certificates
All VET Certificates are competency based. They do not count towards an ATAR, but contribute points towards a student’s Year 12 Certificate. Excluding the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, all VET Certificates at Trinity are delivered through the normal T or A course of study. Most Certificates will be attained after a full two year course of study. They incorporate Structured Workplace Learning, meaning that students are assessed in a relevant workplace outside of school hours.
If the full requirements of a Certificate are not met, students will be awarded a Statement of Attainment listing Units of Competence achieved according to Standards under subsection 185 (1) of the National Vocational Education and Training Regulator Act 2011.
For further information about Vocational Education at Trinity Christian School, contact VET Coordinator, Mr Tony Davies, or download TCS VET Qualifications Brochure.